Empire Quay House Condos
About Empire Quay House Condos
Empire Quay House Condos is a new pre-construction condo development by Empire Communities proposed to take over the north east corner of Queens Quay E and Richardson.
Designed by Kirkor Architects, Empire Quay House Condos is a mixed-use 21 storey condo with 460 units. Empire Quay House Condos’ renderings indicate the condo will be finished in monochromatic materials primarily made up of aluminum cladding.
Empire Quay House Condos Location
Empire Quay House Condos is located along the Waterfront of Downtown Toronto at 162 Queens Quay East. The new development will inhabit the northeast corner of Queens Quay E and Richardson St. which is one block east of Lower Jarvis St.
Located just one block east of Lower Jarvis St., Empire Quay House Condos is a 2-minute drive away from an on-ramp to the Gardiner Expressway connecting residents to other parts of the city and GTA.
Lifestyle and Entertainment
Empire Quay House Condos is in a highly sought after location along the Queens Quay. Directly across the street from the 21-storey building are Sugar Beach and the waterfront boardwalk.
Empire Quay House Condos is a walk and bike-friendly condo as everything you would ever need is just west of the condo including groceries, restaurants, parks, and entertainment. Loblaw’s, Against the Grain Pub, LCBO, Harbour Square Park, and much more are within walking distance of Empire Quay House’s front door.
Nearby Empire Quay House Condos
• Against the Grain
• Tim Horton’s
• Amsterdam Brewhouse
• Union Station
• Scotiabank Arena; and more
Empire Quay House Condos Amenities
Empire Quay House Condos will be a mixed-use development featuring retail space on the ground floor followed by residential units from the 3rd to 21st floor. Empire Quay House Condos will also feature indoor amenity space on the 2nd and 12th floor including the following:
• Stylish ground floor lobby with 24-hour Concierge, comfortable lounge seating and parcel storage room.
• Professionally equipped fitness centre, with cardio, weights, yoga room, meditation room, spin area, and TRX system.
• Wi-Fi enabled co-working lounge with booth and group seating, custom bar and feature breakout room.
• Wi-Fi enabled study room with a large communal table, booth seating and separated quiet rooms.
• Open-concept social lounge with a modern feature bar, booth and lounge seating and separate catering kitchen.
• Outdoor terrace with gated pet area, group seating, BBQ, dining area and stylish pergola for additional shade.
• 12th-floor terrace lounge with a custom bar, dining area and lounge seating and access to the outdoor terrace.
Empire Quay House Condos Features and Finishes
MODERN SUITE FINISHES
• 3 finish packages, as per Builder’s included feature selections.
• Laminate flooring throughout suite, excluding bathroom and laundry, as per plan.
• Smooth painted ceilings throughout.
• Approx. 9′ ceiling heights in all rooms, except where dropped as required.
• Approx. 10′ ceiling heights in all rooms on floors 2, 12, 20 and 21, except where dropped as required.
• Approx. 10′ ceiling heights in all rooms in select suites on floors 5 and 11, except where dropped as required.
• Vinyl coated wire closet shelving, as per plan.
• Walk-in closets, as per plan.
• Frameless mirrored sliding doors on foyer entrance closets, as per plan.
• White sliding doors on bedroom closets, as per plan.
• Designer-selected ceiling light fixtures in foyer, hallways, living/dining, bedroom(s), den and walk-in closet, as per plan.
• Individualized climate control centralized heating and cooling for year round temperature control.
• Phone, cable and data wired to all suites.
• Energy efficient, aluminum frame thermal pane windows.
• White, flat panel interior doors with modern hardware.
• Individual metering of hydro and water.
• 24″ Integrated paneled refrigerator with bottom-mount freezer.
• 24″ Stainless Steel smooth electric cooktop.
• 24″ Stainless Steel convection built-in oven.
• 18″ Integrated paneled dishwasher.
• 30″ Stainless Steel over-the-range combo microwave hood fan.
• Composite stone countertops and backsplash complemented with an under mount single-bowl stainless steel sink and single lever pull-out chrome faucet.
• European style, flat-panel cabinets with under cabinet lighting.
• Cabinet doors and drawers with soft-close mechanism.
• Accessible plug-in USB outlet.
STYLISH BATHROOMS & FUNCTIONAL LAUNDRY
• 12″ x 24″ porcelain tile flooring.
• One-piece composite countertops with integrated sink and single-lever chrome faucet.
• Designer-selected vanity cabinet with vanity mirror and wall-mounted light fixture.
• Frameless glass shower with floor tiles, chrome wall mounted controls and chrome wall-mounted rain showerhead, as per plan.
• One pot light in shower on separate switch, as per plan.
• Safety pressure balance valves for shower.
• 24″ front loading, stacked white washer and dryer.
• White ceramic tile flooring in laundry, including
UNWAVERING SAFETY & SECURITY
• In-suite personally encoded security system, with keypad and door contacts.
• Fire sprinkler system, smoke and CO detector in all suites and common areas.
• Solid core entry door with deadbolt and viewer.
• Entrance, exits, elevators and selected exterior areas monitored by closed circuit security system.
• Well-lit underground parking with video surveillance.
• 24-hour Concierge
Watch the Empire Quay House Official Video
About the Developer
Empire Communities is a residential builder/developer with a tradition of creating prestigious award-winning new homes, communities and amenities, and has earned a reputation for outstanding attention to detail and customer service. Since its inception in 1993, Empire has built over 12,000 new homes and condos. Today, Empire is one of the largest homebuilders in Canada with current communities in Toronto, Southwestern Ontario and the Southern United States.
Empire Quay House Condos FAQs
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.