King & Charlotte Condos
About King & Charlotte Condos
Trendy, vibrant and at the centre of it all. Located right at King and Charlotte streets comes a new condo by Plaza, rising 47 stories over Toronto’s most culturally significant street. The ultimate live, work and play destination is coming soon to King West!
King & Charlotte Condos Location
It simply does not get any better than this, with King & Charlotte Condos boasting incredible walk and transit scores, right in the heart of Toronto’s Entertainment District. But entertainment is not the only facet of this incredibly special neighbourhood, being steps to major employment, shopping and more.
THE SPINE OF THE CITY, WHERE IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
King & Charlotte Condos is right on King Street West, the most dynamic street of Toronto. From the iconic restaurants and bars to the awe inspiring shows of Toronto’s theatres, King West has long been a focal point for nightlife, foodies and entertainment, and increasingly, high quality employment, such as:
- Steps to the PATH, home to hundreds of thousands of top quality jobs, including the top banks and consulting firms in the country, as well as all the major players in law, accounting, insurance and more.
- At the centre of Toronto’s booming tech scene, the most important tech giants in the world have office nearby, including: Amazon, Google, Shopify, IBM, eBay, Oracle, Uber, Apple and the list goes on
- A hub for creatives, with many design, public relations and entertainment agencies situated in and around this dynamic corridor
TRANSIT AT YOUR DOORSTEP
King & Charlotte Condos boast impressive access to transit. Living here means you have access to a number of rapid transit options including:
- Walking distance to both the 504 King Streetcar, with dedicated priority, meaning traffic jams are a thing of the past, connecting you to both the east and west
- Nearby 501 Queen Streetcar, another vital streetcar routes taking you from Etobicoke to the edge of Scarborough, and everywhere in between
- Walking Distance to St Andrew Subway (Line 1), allowing you to go from downtown to Vaughan, and everyone in between
- Future Ontario Line rapid transit will be walking distance to King & Charlotte Condos, with a proposed station nearby
THE BEST DINING, JUST MOMENTS AWAY
Toronto’s Entertainment District features some of the best restaurants anywhere in the city, and at King & Charlotte Condos, you will have access to a wide array of dining options, to satisfy even the most discerning foodie. Here’s just a small sample of what’s nearby:
- Alo (consistently rated as Toronto’s top restaurant)
- La Carnita
- Michael’s on Simcoe
- Khao San Road
- Pizzeria Libretto
About the Developer
With over 5,000 condominium suites either already completed or under construction in Toronto, Plaza is one of Toronto’s most experienced residential condominium construction and development organizations. Our communities can be found in many of Toronto’s most desirable urban neighbourhoods including Yorkville, North Toronto, King West, Queen West, Lawrence Park, Liberty Village, the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood, Harbourfront, Mt. Pleasant Village and more. Our difference – quality is built-in right from the start.
King & Charlotte Condos FAQs
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.