Top-5 New Launches to Watch
Last Updated on
It’s been a very busy year for new condo launches. Here are my top-5 projects that I’ll be watching for investment over the last few months of 2010:
- Bisha. This one could be special, but it certainly won’t be cheap. I’m hearing pricing will start in the high $600s and go up from there. I’ve also heard that the lifestyle component of the building will be something unique in Toronto.
- One Park West. I’ve already seen some of the plans for this newest release in the Regent Park redevelopment by Daniels coming up in September and it looks very interesting. One unique aspect are the stacked townhomes that are probably the best floor plans for stacked towns I’ve ever seen.
- River City Phase 2. Phase 1 launched late November of last year. At last check they were well over 70% sold. Those who doubted this development because of its location will likely have to strongly consider investing in phase 2 after the success of phase 1.
- Studio on Richmond. Not many details available yet on this project but great location in the heart of the Entertainment district and the developer (Aspen Ridge) has offered good value to investors in the past with projects like VU on Adelaide Street East.
- Post House. Right next to the VU site will be Post House by Alterra. The proximity to the booming St Lawrence Market ‘hood has many of my clients drooling with anticipation. This one has just released floor plans and pricing for the VIP event. Contact me for details!
Other projects on my radar screen for the next 3-6 months include:
- Plazacorp‘s site at Yonge and Wellesley (project name TBA, location very intriguing)
- Imperial Plaza (office building conversion at Avenue and St Clair by Camfrost Felcorp)
- Cityzen’s “Name this condo” site at Yonge and Esplanade
- Brad Lamb’s Theatre Park site (what height/form will be approved?)
- Daniels Cinema Tower (follow up to Festival Tower)
Wondering how to keep track of the latest and greatest condo projects downtown? Hire me as your downtown condo expert today.