28 River Street Condos
About 28 River Street Condos
In the heart of Toronto’s ever changing Downtown East comes a new condo with a flair for the city, while maintaining charm and sensibility. Transit connections to get you moving, as well as restaurants and cafes for when you want to unwind, 28 River St Condos represents the new Downtown East in all its glory.
28 River Street Condos Location
28 River Street Condos has the unique distinction strategically centred on the eastern edge of downtown along River Street making walking, cycling, transit and driving are all viable options of getting around:
- Steps three streetcar lines: King, Queen and Dundas streetcar lines are all just a few minutes away
- Minutes to the Don Valley Parkway and Gardiner Expressway, getting you anywhere you need to be via car
- Great for cyclists, with a number of dedicated bike lanes along nearby Sherbourne, Adelaide, and Richmond streets, as well as the Bayview Multi-Use Trail and Don Valley Path and Waterfront Trail in close proximity
- Proposed Ontario Line subway stop will be nearby 28 River St Condos, as will be an eastern ‘Union Station’ at East Harbour, with dozens of bus routes, streetcars SmartTrack, GO Transit, LRTs and the Ontario Line feeding into this new and exciting hub for transit
- Wonderful walkable streets, connecting you to some of Toronto’s beloved neighbourhoods, such as Cabbagetown, Corktown, Riverside, The Distillery District, and the revitalized Regent Park!
STEPS TO WORLD CLASS EMPLOYERS
28 River Street Condos is close to a number of employment hubs both presently located and coming in the future. This is one of the most exciting locations in all of the city:
- Google Sidewalk Labs, a global innovation hub ‘smart city’ within the city with house a a new Google campus, applied-research institute, venture fund for Canadian companies, and more
- East Harbour, the largest redevelopment of commercial land in Canada: a massive 62 acre site, which will house a massive 12 million square feet of office, retail and entertainment spaces
- Lower Don Lands/Portlands Revitalization will bring even more future growth and employment to the area with funding from all three levels of government. There will also be new parklands, trails, and renewed connections between the Don River and Lake Ontario, all steps to 28 River St Condos
- In addition to all the future growth mentioned above, 28 River St Condos is close by to a number employment hubs along the eastern downtown of Toronto, with new buildings such as recently completed Globe The Mail Centre, as well as new offices under construction such as Equitable Bank Tower, Google’s new Canadian headquarters, the Waterfront Innovation Centre and the list goes on!
RESTAURANTS AND CAFES
28 River Street Condos is near plenty of restaurants and cafes Here’s just a small mentioning what’s nearby::
- Gusto 501
- Reyna on King
- Le Beau,
- Roselle Desserts
- Black Bird Baking Co
- Lady Marmalade,
- Sumach Espresso
- Merchants of Green Coffee
- White Lilly Diner
- Morning Glory
- The Broadview Hotel
- Souk Tabule
About the Developer
Rosewater Developments is a leader in responsible home building and development, and more than just a better home for you and your family. We strongly believe in the hands-on approach, which is why our professionals are involved in every stage of the building process, from the first step of selecting the most sought-after locations to build our communities to the finals steps of ensuring you live in the finest home and receive superb personal service.
28 River Street Condos FAQs
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.