Jade Garden Towns at Cornell
Jade Garden Towns at Cornell is a pre-construction townhouse project by Primont Homes coming to Highway 7 and Donald Cousens in Markham, ON.
About Jade Garden Towns at Cornell
Building upon Primont’s 50-year legacy of exceptional homes comes the latest chapter: Jade Garden Towns at Cornell. A signature collection of freehold towns at Highway 7 and Donald Cousens, in the heart of Cornell, a well-established neighbourhood perfect for growing families or to simply luxuriate in the generous space the open layouts provide.
These 14 blocks of beautiful townhomes are nestled in an idyllic suburban neighbourhood and feature thoughtfully designed, sophisticated interiors by Jane Lockhart, with every element carefully considered.
Jade Garden Towns at Cornell Details
|Address||Highway 7 and Donald Cousens, Markham|
|Number of Storeys||TBA|
|Number of Units||TBA|
|Priced From||$799,900 – $1,199,900|
Jade Garden Towns at Cornell Location
Jade Garden Towns at Cornell will be located near the main intersection of Highway 7 and Donald Cousens in the Cornell neighbourhood of Markham, ON.
Located among walkable streets, ample green space, fantastic shopping, transit, and dining, and minutes away from the vibrant energy of downtown Toronto, life at Jade Garden Towns at Cornell brings a little more comfort and ease to each passing moment.
A warm, charming community in North East Markham, Cornell has a suburban, small-town feeling that conjures nostalgia for a simpler time. Home to an abundance of lush parks, walkable streets, great schools, golf clubs, and a variety of fantastic places to shop and dine, residents of Cornell know they have it all, but they’re not the type to shout about it.
Whether you’re looking for somewhere to raise a growing family or are just searching for a new place comfortable enough to call home, the many townhomes and single-family homes that make up Cornell form an idyllic, tightly-woven community to become a part of. A place where life moves a little slower.
Enjoy the safety and quiet coziness of life in the suburbs while having the convenience of being less than 30 minutes away from the electric energy of downtown Toronto. It’s no wonder Cornell was recently ranked 5th in Toronto’s Best Deals in Real Estate by MoneySense Magazine.
Jade Garden Towns at Cornell Features and Finishes
Ethereal Interior by Jane Lockhart
Jane Lockhart carefully and consciously crafts interiors that evoke style without adhering to trends or temporal tastes. With a brilliant eye for design and colour, she curates spaces that withstand the test of time and reinvent the standard.
Jane is the Principal Designer of the Toronto firm she founded in 1997, Jane Lockhart Interior Design, and she regularly has her work featured in Canadian and American publications. Making a name for herself as an award-winning designer, TV personality, and respected author, Jane has also successfully developed and launched two lines of furnishings. Her unwavering passion continues to take her to new realms of interior design, making Jane an admired visionary in the field.
DISTINCTIVE EXTERIOR/CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
1. Elegant architectural upgraded exteriors surpassing community architectural guidelines.
2. Genuine clay brick elevations with precast window sills, exquisite brick detailing, soldier coursing, brick archways, keystones and other masonry, stone detailing and maintenance free European inspired metal siding (as per plan).
3. Pre-selected exterior colour package.
4. Molded sectional roll-up aluminum garage door(s) with frosted glass, as per floor plans and drawings. Garage door(s) installed with heavy-duty springs and long life rust resistant hardware.
5. Metal insulated entry door(s) with weather stripping, as per plan.
6. Vinyl casement double glazed energy efficient rated windows and doors with low-e glass and argon filled space. Opening windows are screened with internal grills on all front elevations, where
applicable, as per floor plans and drawings. Vinyl thermopane
sliders in basement including screens, as per vendor’s samples.
7. 2-ply modified Bitumen flat roof, or equivalent.
8. Energy conserving insulation to all exterior walls and ceilings to meet or surpass Ontario Building Code requirements.
9. 3/8” plywood roof sheathing.
10. Pre-finished maintenance free aluminum or metal soffits, fascia, eavestrough and down spouts, as per plan.
11. Walkways, precast slabs and steps at front and patio rear area where applicable. Number of steps at front and patio rear may vary from that shown according to grading conditions and municipal requirements, and cannot be guaranteed.
12. One exterior water tap plus one in garage area. Builder to determine location.
13. Dead bolts on front entry door and garage access door where applicable, as per plan.
14. Yard to be sodded.
15. Asphalt driveways (as per Schedule “I”).
16. 2” x 6” exterior wall construction for extra rigidity factor.
17. Modern black coach lamps and satin nickel grip sets to exterior front elevation only.
18. Primont municipal address plaque provided.
19. Garage access door into home if grade permits.
20. Aluminum Frames exterior glass railings.
21. Poured concrete basement walls & steel beam support as required by plan.
22. 3-piece rough in bath in basement (rough in area is a proposed location only and is subject to change due to drainage requirements), as per plan.
23. Cold storage room, as per plan.
24. All models to have approximately nine (9’) foot ceilings on ground floor, nine (9’) foot ceilings on second floor, and nine (9’) foot ceilings on third floor.
25. 8’ arches on main floor, 6’ 8 arches on second and third floor, as per plan.
26. Purchaser’s selection of one paint colour throughout from Builder’s standard samples.
27. 2 panel series interior doors.
28. Interior doors to include satin levers as per builder’s standard samples.
29. Smooth finish ceilings throughout second floor.
30. Modern trim package including 4 ½” flat stock baseboards and 2 ½” flat stock casings, to be painted white.
31. Luxury oak staircase (closed risers), throughout finished areas, in natural colour.
32. Oak square pickets throughout.
33. Stair landings to have 2 ¼” natural oak hardwood to match staircase.
34. All tongue and grove 5/8” sub-floors to be sanded and fastened with nails and screws.
35. Purchaser’s selection of imported ceramic floor tiles (12” x 12” or 13” x 13”) in foyer, laundry/mud room, powder room, from Builder’s standard samples, as per plan.
36. 2 1/4”x3/4” natural oak hardwood flooring throughout all non-tiled areas of second floor and third floor hallway.
37. 35oz carpet throughout all non-tiled areas of ground floor, and bedrooms (one colour throughout).
38. Single laundry tub set in white melamine cabinet base with faucet and drain, and washing machine hookups, as per plan.
39. Dryer vent and electrical plug.
GOURMET KITCHEN FEATURES
40. Double stainless undermount steel sink with pullout faucet.
41. Heavy-duty wiring and receptacle for stove.
42. Purchaser’s selection of premium kitchen cabinets and bonus level granite countertops, as per builder’s standard samples.
43. Extended upper cabinets in kitchen (approx 36” in height).
44. Extended breakfast bars, as per plan.
LUXURY BATHROOM FEATURES
45. White plumbing fixtures in all bathrooms.
46. Chrome faucets for all bathroom vanities & showers as per Builder’s samples. Showers with pressure balanced & temperature control valves.
47. Master ensuite bath to include framed glass shower enclosure and freestanding acrylic tub, according to plan.
48. Deep acrylic tubs throughout, as per plan.
49. Single white pedestal or vanity in powder room, applicable by plan.
50. Purchaser’s selection of premium vanity cabinets and arborite countertops in all bathrooms, as per builder’s standard samples.
51. Energy efficient exhaust fans in all bathrooms according to the Ontario building code.
52. Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
53. Plate mirrors above vanities in all bathrooms.
54. Purchaser’s choice of 8” x 10” imported bathroom shower wall tiles, as per builders standard samples.
55. Purchasers choice of 13×13 Imported bathroom floor tiles, as per builders standard samples.
56. Potlight in master ensuite shower stall.
57. Low flow toilets and fixtures.
58. Energy efficient heating and cooling system.
59. Rough in for future central vacuum, to garage.
60. Rough in security system.
61. Hot water tank (gas) on a rental basis.
62. Programmable thermostat located in central location on main floor.
63. Insulation to be as per Ontario building code.
64. Spray foam insulation over garage ceilings, with habitable space above.
65. Optional electrical fireplaces, as per plan.
66. All homes with 200-amp breaker panel service.
67. Plug in garage ceiling for future electric garage door opener.
68. White Decora switches and plugs.
69. All wiring in accordance with the Ontario Hydro standards.
70. Energy efficient ceiling or wall mounted light fixtures throughout, as per plan complete with LED bulbs.
71. Smoke detectors on all floors or as per new Ontario building code with built in carbon monoxide detector as per building code.
72. One exterior electrical plug at rear elevation and one at front
elevation, location to be determined by builder.
73. Complete electrical door chime.
74. Three roughed- in tv cable locations (one in great room, one in family room and one in master bedroom), location to be determined by builder.
75. Two roughed- in telephone locations (one in kitchen and one in master bedroom), location to be determined by builder.
76. Rough in conduit to garage for future electric vehicle charger.
77. Rough in solar ready conduit from hydro panel to attic.
About the Developer
A signature of excellence.
For 50 years, our company has followed the simple philosophy of building every home as if it’s our own, and treating every customer like they’re a member of the family.
Now when you’re purchasing a new home, you can benefit from all those years of experience. Primont Homes is committed to providing the highest quality and value to all our homebuyers. Prime locations, elegant design, superb craftsmanship and unrivaled customer service have made Primont a leading and trusted name in the industry. It’s been our privilege to build several dynamic, outstanding new communities of more than 3,000 homes in the GTA.
Jade Garden Condos Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.