Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village
Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village is a new condo development by Sherwood Homes currently in preconstruction at 14 Harbour Street West, Collingwood, ON
|Address||14 Harbour Street West, Collingwood|
|Developer||Sherwood Homes Ltd.||Occupancy||TBA|
|Units||TBA||Prices||Starting from mid $300,000’s|
About Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village Condos
Set in the only village of its kind in Collingwood, Royal Windsor is an innovative vision founded on principles that celebrate life, nature, and holistic living. Every part of this vibrant community is designed to keep you healthy and active
Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village Condos Location
This stunning 5-storey condominium is set in the perfect location for those who enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle. Just a short distance away are Blue Mountain, Collingwood Harbour, several prominent ski clubs, the Scandinave Spa, and seven public and private golf courses.
Resort-Style Condo Living In Collingwood
Skiing at Blue Mountain. Golfing at any of seven spectacular golf courses nearby. Boating, fishing and watersports. Jogging and biking. And all the amazing amenities available at the Balmoral Village Clubhouse and Recreation Centre. It’s like living at a resort 365 days a year:
- An 8,000 sq. ft. Residents Clubhouse complete with a wide range of recreational and social amenities
- A planned 20,000 sq. ft. Medical/Wellness Centre with complete medical facilities and the support of a caring staff of health professionals.
- Pathways and sidewalks connecting to the Georgian Trail as well the Black Ash Creek Trail, with links to the walking and biking trails within the Town of Collingwood.
- Retirement and Assisted Living services available on-site
- A central location within easy walking distance to downtown Collingwood’s shops, restaurants, cinemas, restaurants, as well as the public golf course at Cranberry Resort
- Just a 10-minute drive to the Collingwood Hospital
- Convenient public bus transportation to the Town Centre, as well as Wasaga Beach and the ski hills and resort amenities of Blue Mountain.
- A Four Seasons Lifestyle from boating and watersports (just a 5 minute walk)…to golf (7 courses within 10 minutes drive)…to Blue Mountain skiing (10 minutes away)
Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village Condos Amenities
A Grand Entrance To Active Adult Living
The building’s two-storey lobby with its floor-to-ceiling windows makes for a very elegant first impression with its contemporary design and furnishings. Here Sherwood Homes’ attention to detail really shines, with a level of quality craftsmanship that can be found in all the common areas and every individual suite.
Enjoy Life Like Never Before
With all the yard and exterior maintenance chores at Royal Windsor taken care of for you, you’re free to enjoy life like never before. Plus there is the worry-free convenience of owning a “lock-and-leave” condo whether you’re heading off for a weekend or flying south for the season. What a great lifestyle it is, especially for those who love being active! With amenities that include the condominium’s own fabulous:
- Rooftop Terrace
- Private Resident Lounges
- Party Room
- And more!
Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village Condos Features
- Professionally designed and landscaped grounds
- Secured entrance with intercom system
- Elegantly designed common spaces with high quality porcelain tile in the lobby and commercial grade carpet in corridors
- Two conveniently located elevators
- Rough-ins for electric car charging stations in a limited amount of underground parking spaces
- Visitors parking for your guest’s convenience
- Occupancy sensor lights in common areas
- CCTV in common areas and underground parking garage for your safety
- Fully equipped sprinkler system throughout the building
- Mailboxes located in building lobby
- Easily accessed waste and recycling chute on each floor
About the Developer
About Sherwood Homes
Sherwood Homes was established in 1994 to build on our decades of experience in developing master-planned communities. From bungalows and two-storey homes to townhomes and mid-rise condominiums, our company’s reputation for quality has grown with every new luxury home and neighbourhood which we have created, along with the trust that new home buyers have placed in us.
Over the past 25 years, we have consistently demonstrated our deep commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail at developments like Silver Glen Preserve in Collingwood, Lora Bay in Thornbury, Cobble Beach in Owen Sound, and other communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe area.
At Sherwood Homes we believe that you and your family deserve the very best. We strive to ensure you are completely satisfied with not only the final product but with the personalized service that you receive throughout the entire home buying and building process.
Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village Condos FAQs
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.