Wellington House Condos
About Wellington House Condos
Wellington House Codnos will integrate a 100+ year old Victorian mansion with a new exceptional modern tower.
Located On Wellington Street West. A Grand Dame Of A Street.
Wellington House Condos Details
|Developer||Lamb Development Corp.|
|Address||422 Wellington Street West, Toronto|
|Number of Storeys||23|
|Number of Units||129|
|Occupancy Date||November 2020|
|Maintenance Fees||$0.57 Per SqFt per Month|
|Priced From||$678,900 to $2,407,900|
Wellington House Condos Location
Wellington House Condos will be located at 422 Wellington Street West between Portland Street and Spadina Avenue, just south of King Street West, in Downtown Toronto, ON.
Toronto’s hottest restaurants, bars, and lounges are all just steps away.
Walk to the St. Andrew TTC Subway Station in under 15 minutes.
Get on the Gardiner Expressway in under 10 minutes.
Wellington House Condos Features and Finishes
– Ceiling height in principal rooms is 9ft*
– Large windows
– Sliding doors open onto the balcony*
– Exposed concrete ceilings in all areas except the bathroom, powder room*, washer/dryer room and foyer
– Bathroom, powder room* and foyer* ceilings are smooth drywall painted white
– Exposed concrete feature wall* and columns*
– White painted interior walls
– 4″ baseboard and 2 1/2″ door casing
– Slab style bathroom, closet and washer/dryer room doors with brushed chrome hardware
– Frosted glass sliding bedroom doors
– Vinyl coated wire shelving in all closets and storage areas*
– Washer and dryer
– Individually controlled heating and air conditioning system utilizing a heat pump system
– Gas BBQ connection provided on balconies* and terraces
– Custom designed European style bathroom cabinetry in a selection of door finishes***
– Contemporary shower head
– Full vanity width mirror
– Porcelain or stone wall tile*** on all wet wall surrounds (bathtub and shower*)
– Deep soaker bathtub with tiled skirt
– Pressure balanced mixing valve in the bathtub and shower*
– Individual electrical panel with circuit breakers
– White “decora style” receptacles and switches throughout
– Ceiling mounted track lighting in kitchen
– Ceiling mounted light fixtures in foyer* and hallways*
– Pot light(s) in bathroom(s*)
– Capped ceiling light fixture outlet in dining room*
– Switch-controlled split outlets in living room and bedroom(s)
– Pre-finished engineered wood floors*** throughout with the exception of the bathroom and washer/dryer room
– Porcelain or stone floor tile*** in bathroom
– Ceramic floor tile in washer/dryer room
– Custom designed European style kitchen cabinetry with island* in a selection of door finishes***
– Stone surface counter top***
– Glass or stone tile backsplash***
– Single bowl or double bowl under-mount stainless steel sink*
– Single lever deck mounted faucet set
– Stainless steel appliances- frost free refrigerator, gas cook top, and electric built-in oven
– Integrated oven and microwave
– Structured high speed wiring infrastructure with network centre to support the latest entertainment and high speed communications services
– Pre-wired telephone, cable television and communication outlets.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
– 8 hour concierge in the lobby
– Electronic communication system located in the secure main entry vestibule.
– Surveillance cameras in the lobby, main entry vestibule and garage
– Key fob controlled access system at all main building entry points and parking garage
– Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors provided in all suites
– Suites are fully sprinklered
About the Developer
Lamb Development Corp. (LDC) was founded in 2001 by Toronto’s top condominium broker Brad J. Lamb to directly participate in the development of stylish, urban condominium projects.
At that time, with over 13 years of experience in consulting, marketing, and the selling of more than 100 of Toronto’s most innovative and exciting projects, Mr. Lamb wanted to bring something different to the development world. Since then, he has done just that; completing 19 developments, approximately 3,200 suites for over $1.3B. Lamb Development Corp has 18 projects and 4,500 units currently in development or under construction.
Wellington House Condos Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.