Westbank Condos (River & Fifth 2)
About Westbank Condos
Westbank Condos is an upcoming pre-construction condo project by Broccolini coming to the Regent Park revitalization area of River and Dundas Street East in Toronto, ON.
Located at 83 River Street, it will be Phase 2 of River & Fifth Condos.
Westbank Condos Location
Westbank Condos, located at 83 River Street, is the new and exciting follow up phase to Broccolini’s wildly successful River & Fifth Condos. At the west bank of the Don River, this new condo project has all the makings of becoming Toronto’s Upper East Side, boasting an impressive mix of 410 condominium units, ranging from one bedroom, to three bedroom units. This area has been under a tremendous amount of development as dozens of acres of land have been revitalized with new condos, retail and community amenities. Highlights of Westbank Condos include:
JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!
Westbank Condos is well positioned to capitalize on the new and growing employment districts that are rapidly popping up on the eastern side of Toronto. In total, nearly 200,000 good, high paying jobs will be within minutes of Westbank Condos. Highlights include:
- East Harbour, the largest redevelopment of commercial land in Canada: a massive 62 acre site, which will house a massive 12 million square feet of office, retail and entertainment spaces. This incredible redevelopment project which will boast 70,000 thousand jobs is already underway by Cadillac Fairview, one the largest owners, operators and developers of best-in-class office, retail and mixed-use properties in North America
- Alphabet (the parent company of Google) brings Sidewalk Labs, a ‘smart city’ within the city, which will be a global hub for urban innovation. Anchored by a new Google campus, a new applied-research institute, a new venture fund for Canadian companies, and more, this once in a generation city building initiative will result in an astounding 93,000 new jobs, in total
- One of the largest waterfront revitalizations in the world at the Lower Don Lands/Portlands unlocks a massive 880 acres of mixed-use land, bringing thousands of new residents to the area, as well as an estimated 30,000 new jobs. This multi-billion dollar revitalization project is well underway, with funding from all three levels of government, resulting in new parklands, trails, and renewed connections between the Don River and Lake Ontario
- All of this is in addition to the clusters of job hubs dotted along the eastern downtown of Toronto, with new buildings such as recently completed Globe The Mail Centre, as well as new offices under construction such as Equitable Bank Tower, Google’s new Canadian headquarters, the Waterfront Innovation Centre and more!
Westbank Condos has the unique distinction of getting being tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the core, while providing the connections needed to get there within minutes. Strategically placed on the eastern edge of downtown along River Street means walking, cycling, transit and driving are all viable options of getting to where you need to be:
- Steps to not one, not two, but three streetcar lines, with the Dundas, Queen and King streetcar lines just a few minutes away
- Minutes to the Don Valley Parkway and Gardiner Expressway, taking you any direction in the GTA and beyond
- A cyclists dream, with quick access to dedicated bike lanes along nearby Sherbourne, Adelaide, and Richmond streets, as well as the Bayview Multi-Use Trail and Don Valley Path and Waterfront Trail just minutes away
- Transit of the future: proposed Ontario Line subway stop and an enormous eastern ‘Union Station’ to be built at East Harbour, connecting dozens of bus routes, streetcars SmartTrack, GO Transit, LRTs and the Ontario Line feeding into this grand transit hub
- A walker’s paradise, you are surrounded by some of Toronto’s best neighbourhoods, such as Cabbagetown, Corktown, Riverside, The Distillery District, and the revitalized Regent Park!
RESTAURANTS AND CAFES
Speaking of walking, Westbank Condos offers a multitude of restaurants and cafes to impress even the most discerning foodie, just steps away! Here’s just a sample of nearby neighbourhood hot spots:
- Gusto 501, an epic four storey Italian restaurant, café and bar from the same team behind King West’s Gusto 101m, and Yorkville’s Cafe Nervosa!
- Le Beau, Toronto’s best new patisserie
- Kingyo (One of Toronto’s best Izakayas)
- Lady Marmalade, the legendary Toronto brunch institution
- Hip, independent coffee shops such as Sumach Espresso, Darkhorse Espresso Bar and the Merchants of Green Coffee
- White Lilly Diner
- Morning Glory
- Roselle Desserts
- The Broadview Hotel
- Spaccio, Terroni’s massive new bakery, café and commissary
- and the list goes on and on!
All the conveniences of downtown shopping come to life at Westbank Condos. Within minutes, residents will have access to:
- 8 minute streetcar ride to Eaton Centre, the most visited mall in North America!
- FreshCo by Sobey’s
- Shopper’s Drug Mart
- Wine Shop
- Cabbagetown Organics
- Farm Boy coming soon just south at Parliament and Adelaide
RECREATION AND LIFESTYLE
The awesome and totally free Pam McConnell Aquatic Centre is just steps away from Westbank Condos, as is a brand new F45 gym, as well as the Regent Park Athletic Grounds, with year round programming. Residents of Westbank Condos would be hard pressed to better access to green space, with some of Toronto’s best parks, trails and ravines just minutes away! Some of which include:
- Corktown Common
- Riverdale Park East and West, as well as Riverdale Farm
- The revitalized Regent Park
- The Lower Don River trail connecting you to Toronto’s world class ravine system, as well as Lake Ontario!
About the Developer
From new construction and comprehensive turn-key design-build projects, to expansions, renovations and interior fit-outs, Broccolini can envision, plan, and build the space you need.
We always work in close collaboration with our clients. This enables us to accommodate their specific requirements regarding design and construction, and to meet, or even exceed their expectations in terms of budget and deadlines.
Broccolini’s ultimate aim is to develop lasting relationships with our partners and clients alike. Over the years, this core company philosophy has helped Broccolini earn the standing of trusted partner to many prominent brands and national and international enterprises, including, to name a few, Canadian Tire, Best Buy, Sobeys, Wal-Mart, Costco, Purolator, Tenaquip, Viau Foods, Saks Fifth Avenue, ABB, Mountain Equipment Co-op, XTL Transport, and Public Works and Government Services Canada.
Whether brought on board at the design stage or as general contractor or construction manager, Broccolini offers partnership, professionalism and peace of mind.
Other Condos by Broccolini
Westbank Condos FAQs
How do I reserve a unit in this project?
After you review the floor plans and prices, if you know what suites you are interested in, you may reserve a suite online using our online reservation worksheet form at https://truecondos.com/worksheet.
Does filling out the worksheet form mean I’m committing to buy a suite?
No it is not a formal commitment, it is an expression of interest and the first step you must take if you are thinking about getting a unit in this project.
What does it mean that Andrew la Fleur is a “Platinum Agent”?
Platinum agents are the top selling agents who get preferred status with developers and first access to new projects before regular agents and the public.
Andrew la Fleur has been a top-selling pre-construction agent since 2007, and during this time he has achieved platinum status with many of the top builders and sales companies in the Greater Toronto Area.
For more information on about Platinum agents see this article: https://truecondos.com/5-things-to-know-about-buying-a-condo-with-a-platinum-vip-realtor-real-estate-agent/
How does it benefit me as a buyer to work with Andrew la Fleur as my Platinum Agent?
Working with me as your Platinum agent gives you several benefits
- You get the highest level of access in the building
- You pay the lowest possible price for the unit (prices are typically increased significantly after the Platinum sales event)
- The best possible incentives
- I do not represent the builder. I represent you. You benefit from my expertise of being a top selling pre-construction agent and investor myself since 2007.
- Access to my personal network of mortgage brokers, lawyers, property management, HST rebate services, handymen and much more.
- My services to you as a buyer are free
Do I get a cooling off period? What is it for?
Yes, after you sign the contract to purchase a suite you will have a standard 10-day cooling off period. It’s 10 calendar days, not business days from the time you sign.
The 10 days are primarily for 2 things: 1) to have a lawyer review your contract with you if you wish and 2) to get a mortgage pre-approval letter
Do I need to have a lawyer?
You don’t need to have a lawyer at the moment that you sign the agreement, however I always recommend that you have a qualified lawyer review your agreement of purchase and sale after you sign and during your 10-day cooling off period.
Not sure who to talk to? Don’t worry – getting a lawyer is something I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do I need to have a mortgage pre-approval to buy?
95% of all builders will require you to provide them with proof of financing capability in order to purchase. This is not required before you sign a contract, but it is usually required within 60 days of signing.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry – getting a mortgage pre-approval is something that I can help you with. Contact me for more details.
Do the prices include HST?
If you are purchasing for yourself and plan to move in, then yes, prices include the HST and there is nothing you will have to pay at final closing.
If you are purchasing as an investment rental property, then you will have to pay approximately 7.8% of the purchase price as HST on final closing.
This money is remitted to the CRA and as an investor renting out your property you can apply to the CRA immediately to get this money back. It usually takes about 1 month to get your rebate back.
For more information on the HST, see here:
Contact me for more details.
What are my closing costs on a pre-construction condo?
Closing costs on a pre-construction condo will vary greatly depending on the actual purchase price of the unit you are buying, but it also depends on the builder, the city that you are buying in, and the type of unit that you are buying.
Roughly speaking in Toronto you can expect to pay approximately 3-5% of the purchase price in closing costs when purchasing a brand new condo.
Check out this article for more info on closing costs:
Contact me for more details
Are there any ‘hidden’ costs when buying a pre-construction condo?
No, there are no hidden fees when buying pre-construction condos because all fees must be disclosed in the agreement of purchase and sale. All purchasers have 10 days to review the agreement and have a lawyer advise them on the exact closing cost amounts. If you need a lawyer to help you we can suggest to you to several expert law firms that will review your agreement in detail.
Is it possible to assign my condo? How much is the assignment fee?
Most condo builders do allow you to sell your unit before the building is complete. This projcess is called selling by “assignment”.
There is usually an assignment fee and a legal fee associated with selling. Costs can range from $1000-7000. Contact me for more details.